Aadhar Card is the most important official document for any Indian resident. It serves as the proof of identity and address. Unique Identification Authority Of India is the government agency responsible for issuing Aadhar card. It is voluntary service for all Indian residents. But it is recommended to own this unique identity number. Aadhar consists of 12 digits random number. A person can use this number for multiple services like the bank account, mobile connections or utility connections, etc.
The enrolment of Aadhar card is extremely easy and free of cost. The best thing about this card is the convenience. Sometimes, you might have submitted the wrong information. Or maybe you have moved to new place and your previous address does not work for you! In this situation, you need to update your address registered for Aadhar card.
You will be pleased to know that Aadhar card details can be updated online. You don’t have to visit Aadhar Card Kendra for this task. UIDAI has launched the SSUP portal for Aadhar Card update. Via this portal, you can change details like Name, Address, Gender, Age or Date Of Birth, etc.
In this post, we will just talk about how to change Aadhar card address!
Requirements For Aadhar Card Address Change Online
In order to change the address online, you need following things:
- Prescribed document as proof of address
- Aadhar card number
- Mobile number registered with Aadhar card
If you don’t have access to the mobile number or did not have registered mobile number. You cannot submit the update request online. You need to download a form or get the application from offline. Fill and submit the application form with necessary documents to the following addresses:
- UIDAI Post Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
- UIDAI Post Box No. 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India
Steps To Change Aadhar Card Address Online
Once you have required things, just follow the steps written below:
- Visit this webpage https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update.
- Submit your Aadhar Card Number.
- Click on “Send OTP”.
- On your mobile number, you will receive One Time Password.
- Submit the Text verification details and you will be redirected to “Data Update Request” tab.
- Here, you can enter the details of the Aadhar Card Address Change.
- Next step involves upload of a clearly scanned copy of documents as proof of address. Make sure to self-sign them!
- On successful submission of the update request, you will receive URN on both screen and mobile number. You can use URN to check update status via this link https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/check-status.
Hopefully, this post was helpful for you!